We will carry out a comprehensive treatment of cervical osteochondrosis under the guidance of highly qualified doctors. As part of the treatment, we will select the appropriate type of therapy and provide a set of recommendations on nutrition, physical activity and lifestyle.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical region: causes of manifestation
Competent treatment of cervical osteochondrosis in Minsk provides for a comprehensive diagnosis of the patient, which allows the doctor to establish the cause of the development of the pathology. If you figure out what caused the disease, you can prescribe an effective therapeutic course with the elimination of all existing violations.
The main causes of osteochondrosis in the cervical region are:
- frequent tossing of the head (due to the profession or the performance of some work);
- incorrect body position (with a sedentary lifestyle);
- metabolic disease;
- severe hypothermia;
- intensive sports;
- diseases and anomalies in the development of the spine.
Most often, the disease affects people in old age, with hereditary factors or bad habits. Also at risk are patients who lead a sedentary lifestyle, are overweight or regularly experience excessive physical activity.
Features of the course and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
The neck is one of the most loaded parts of the body. Under the influence of prolonged static loads, the intervertebral discs are destroyed. This leads to their thinning and deterioration of depreciation properties - osteochondrosis. The disease manifests itself:
- pain and crunch in the neck when bending and turning the head;
- constant tension and stiffness of the muscles of the neck and shoulders;
- coordination disorders;
- deterioration in hearing, visual functions;
- pain in the back and neck, and at high loads - an increase in the intensity of pain;
- circulatory disorders, which leads to numbness in the shoulders, arms and legs, a burning sensation in the thoracic region;
- false pain in the region of the heart;
- dizziness, sometimes - fainting;
- the appearance of a crunch when moving the head.
The modern clinic provides a comprehensive treatment of the disease, the basis of which is manual therapy. This method allows you to consistently eliminate existing violations, since it affects the causes of its occurrence. Thanks to the course of sessions, it is possible to restore normal joint mobility, relieve pain, eliminate associated symptoms, nerve compression, and avoid complications.
To increase efficiency, the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine by a chiropractor is supplemented by the following procedures:
- traction of the spine - normalizes the distance between the vertebrae, which allows you to release the restrained nerve roots and increase the range of motion in the affected joints;
- therapeutic massage - relaxes spasmodic muscles, increases the tone of relaxed ones, activates blood flow to the affected area, which enhances the nutrition of cartilage tissue and helps to accelerate the regeneration of damaged discs;
- reflexology - impact on acupuncture points, quickly relieves pain in the neck and head, increases blood flow and tissue trophism.
- Exercise therapy is a set of therapeutic exercises aimed at eliminating pain, improving the mobility of the spine, and forming a strong muscular corset.
Features of manual therapy for cervical osteochondrosis
The procedure involves the use of various methods, the main of which are:
- manipulation - involves precise movements aimed at "reducing" the vertebrae and restoring the normal anatomy of the cervical region;
- mobilization - allows you to increase the mobility of the affected joints, as well as eliminate spasms;
- post-isometric relaxation (PIR) is the most gentle technique that provides gentle relaxation, elimination of pain, and normalization of muscle tone.
At the first session, the attending physician conducts manual diagnostics by palpation, evaluates the results of the studies (neurological diagnostics, MRI, etc. ), which allows not only to determine the most effective methods of exposure, but also to detect contraindications.
This is a very important point, since not only improper exposure, but also ignoring related disorders can lead to serious complications. Therefore, the qualifications and experience of specialists in this field directly affects the result and effectiveness of treatment.
Prevention of cervical osteochondrosis
Of great importance in the prevention of osteochondrosis is its prevention. If preventive measures are observed, the development of pathology and the occurrence of such complications as diseases of the heart, kidneys, and digestive organs can be avoided. To prevent the problem, you should control your weight, exercise moderately, and avoid hypothermia. During long journeys, you need to use a neck pillow, which will reduce muscle tension.
If osteochondrosis has already appeared, you can minimize its development using the following actions:
- balanced diet;
- regular warm-ups with a sedentary lifestyle;
- wearing orthopedically correct shoes;
- even retention of the back with a relaxed shoulder girdle;
- sleep on an orthopedic mattress without high pillows;
- walking barefoot in the summer.
Additionally, you should do therapeutic exercises, which will help support muscles and get rid of discomfort. In a modern center, you can undergo exercise therapy under the guidance of qualified specialists.
Modern centers offer comprehensive treatment of the disease, the assistance of qualified doctors with extensive practical experience, as well as a full range of medical procedures using modern high-quality equipment. They guarantee high efficiency of therapy and full support of the patient at all stages of treatment. Take care of your health now - then you have a high chance of recovery.