The part of the neck is a mobile part of the spine, therefore, it is often exposed to such a disease as osteochondrosis, in which dystrophic processes occur. The cervical spine has seven discs, therefore it is responsible for tilting, turning the head. It is characterized by muscle weakness. If a person overstrains his neck, turns his head in the wrong way, everything can end in a serious injury that will lead to the development of osteochondrosis.
Stages of development of osteochondrosis
- The initial stage, when the first violations appear in the vertebral discs.
- At the second stage, a significant decrease in the gaps can be noticed between the vertebrae, then the nerve endings can be pinched, there are unpleasant sensations in the neck.
- At the third stage, the ring begins to collapse, a hernia forms between the vertebrae, the spine is severely deformed.
- The fourth stage is difficult, when moving, it hurts very much in the neck and back. A person cannot fully move. Sometimes it becomes easier, the pain subsides, but growths can form, they affect the state of the vertebrae, because of this, it becomes difficult for a person to move. Osteochondrosis at this stage is dangerous because it can lead to disability.
The main symptoms of osteochondrosis
When the spine is compressed, the integrity of the spinal cord is disrupted, various symptoms appear. A pathological process is observed in the peripheral nervous system, bone and cartilage tissues can be destroyed.
Due to the fact that the blood flow in the vertebral arteries is disturbed, problems arise with the brain, it suffers from a lack of oxygen, biologically valuable substances.
The following signs of osteochondrosis can be distinguished:
- Neck pain, which can radiate to the back of the head, shoulders. Severe headaches and migraines often occur. Analgesics do not always help relieve pain.
- Due to osteochondrosis, belching, nausea may occur, these symptoms indicate that blood circulation in the vessels of the brain is impaired.
- The body weight decreases, the body suffers from a lack of useful elements.
- Constant vomiting may torment, it is aggravated by turning the head, bending, walking. These symptoms are due to the fact that blood flow in the vertebral arteries is impaired, and sufficient oxygen does not enter the inner ear.
- A person suffers from a lack of oxygen, this is due to the fact that the phrenic nerve is irritated, it is responsible for the cervical solar plexus, with its help breathing is controlled. It is difficult for the patient to breathe, in difficult situations the person suffers from a lack of oxygen, shortness of breath, everything can end in suffocation.
- At night, attacks appear, which are accompanied by respiratory arrest, the patient snores heavily. Symptoms are aggravated when a person sleeps in an uncomfortable position in a dream, if the room has dry air, it seems to the patient that he is suffocating. Therefore, in the morning he gets up broken, does not get enough sleep, during the day a person is constantly weak, inoperative. If a person suffers from chronic shortness of breath, pathological processes in the brain tissues may occur, because of this, problems with attention and memory will appear in the future.
Tinnitus is a common symptom of osteochondrosis
With the help of the vertebral arteries, blood supply to the vestibular apparatus occurs, when the functionality in the inner ear is disrupted, severe ringing in the ears can be observed, because of this hearing problems arise.
Often, a person cannot distinguish tinnitus from the symptoms of other diseases in time. When the neck is affected, it rings in the ears if the patient is in one position for a long time. Other diseases differ in that the tinnitus is constant and intense.
Sore throat due to osteochondrosis
- It hurts in the throat, it seems that there is something in the way.
- It is difficult for a person to breathe, swallow, the mucous membrane is dry, itching in the throat. All this suggests that osteochondrosis has affected the neurovascular system.
Often the above symptoms can indicate a tumor, severe inflammation.
Vision problems and loss of consciousness due to osteochondrosis
The carotid arteries are involved in the circulation of the neck organs and rarely cause severe symptoms. Most often, vision problems appear in old age, if a person suffers from atherosclerosis, hypotension. The following symptoms appear:
- A veil before my eyes.
- Eyesight falls.
- A large number of dots may flicker before the eyes.
- A person cannot focus on a particular subject.
- Leaps of sight.
Gymnastics, glasses do not help in this situation, it is important to complete the full course of examination on time.
It is dangerous when a person with osteochondrosis loses consciousness, this is due to the fact that blood does not enter the cerebral arteries. Often there are spasms in the arteries, they appear due to the fact that the nerve endings are irritated, the bony vertebral processes are deformed. You can bring the patient to his senses by raising his legs horizontally. So it is possible to improve cerebral circulation, later there are violations with speech, movements.
Arterial pressure failures in osteochondrosis
Due to the fact that blood circulation in the medulla oblongata is disturbed, disruptions in arterial pressure may occur. With osteochondrosis, dizziness often appears, they occur due to the fact that oxygen does not enter the inner ear.
The body temperature rarely rises, if abnormalities occur, this indicates an infectious disease, problems with the immune system - tumors. Sometimes the temperature rises in the affected area.
Thus, if at least one of the listed symptoms occurs, it is imperative to consult with your doctor, diagnose the disease in a timely manner, undergo a course of therapy, you may need massage, special therapeutic exercises, so you can prevent the disease from getting worse. Constantly monitor the condition of your spine - when walking, in a sitting position, lying down.